9/12/2016

New web comic coming in October

Elise Shibata
A month ago I started writing again and I've been able to successfully flesh out the beginnings of a story and develop characters that I've had on the back burner for a couple years. It comes as no surprise to those who follow my illustrative works that I've been a professional wrestling fan since I was a child and that the sport has had a huge influence on my artistic career.

I think I've finally come up with the story I've been wanting to tell for a while now, rooted in the spirit of pro wrestling!

My upcoming web comic is called Ehrgeiz, and will primarily focus on the life of an upstart named Elise Shibata who lives in Zircon City. Pro wrestling is the premiere attraction of the city and Elise has aspired from a very young age to become a part of the business that her father helped establish.

However, due to the inscrutable circumstances of her father's death and the cutthroat nature of the business, Elise must first find a way to persuade her doting mother to allow her to follow in her father's footsteps.

I'm working to get the comic up and running next month, October 2016. I'm going to have to design a website but that's really the only obstacle that I foresee prior to launching the comic. I already have three encompassing story arcs in mind and the first couple pages already drawn up.

The comic will be in English, but manga format, black and white, with panels flowing from right to left. I'm not nearly fast enough to match a weekly serialized mangaka, who put out over a dozen pages per week, so for now I'm planning on weekly installments of 2-3 pages. We'll see how that works out.

Higashi Pro Wrestling

The comic will be free, of course! I might try to add in some Patreon incentives but right now I'm mostly concerned with just producing enough content to finally launch the website. Anyway, that's all I can share for now! I'll keep you guys posted on my blog here.

Higashi Pro Logo

1 comment: