11/17/2014

Art Is Life

It's now or never. That's what I've kept telling myself lately. I've been working commission for the past couple months solid and barely managing to get by. The struggle, it's something all starving artists experience, only I'm not starving because my wife is the one with a career that actually makes money. But even though I'm not starving, I have to remember what it's like to be hungry, and that's why I'm devoting my all to my art now.


I started up a Patreon because it's, quite possibly, one of the best opportunities for an artist like myself. The people who appreciate my work now have the option to support me in my endeavor and I have the chance to focus on becoming a bonafide professional illustrator. It's change and it's scary, honestly, but it's getting to the point now that I have to discover, for reals, whether this is something I can do with my life or not.

So whether you, my peers, decide to support me or not, I just want to express how thankful I am. I really am. Nine years ago I hardly shared my work with anyone. Eight years ago I posted my first submission on deviantART. It's been a hell of a journey, and now I'm going to try my best to take it further!

No comments:

Post a Comment